[Coco] Coco3 Memory Map?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Dec 1 09:02:33 EST 2004

On 1 Dec 2004 at 23:17, David wrote:

From:           	"David" <golgotha at toughguy.net>
To:             	"CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts"
<coco at maltedmedia.com>
Date sent:      	Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:17:41 +1100
Subject:        	[Coco] Coco3 Memory Map?
<coco at maltedmedia.com>
	<mailto:coco-

> In a 128k Coco3, should I be using a different execution address? will
> $3F00 conflict with anything in disk basic, or..?

IN the CoCo 3 the space between $0989 and $7FFF are usable by all for buffers,
program storage, video graphics (low resolution) and stack. Diske Basic is located
at $C000 to $DFFF and uses ram from $0600 to $0988. This actually reside in the
upper 64K of the memory block from $70000 to $7FFFF. MMU blocks $37, to $3F.

> Does anyone have a memory map of what space I can use for user
> programs whilst keeping the BASIC rom routines available for use?

Color Basic resides in $A000 to $BFFF
Extended Color Basic resides in $8000 to $9FFF
Super Extended Basic resides in $E000 to $FDFF.

System Ram  reisdes between $0000 to $0988

> Can I end any more sentences with a question mark?

Only if you can ask more questions?

james