[Coco] ceramics ...

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Aug 30 09:50:36 EDT 2004

Kevin

Not sure of where one can be found. May be occasionally on Ebay.
Motorola ended the ceramic packaged parts in a "L".

So you need to search MC68x09L or MC68x09EL. As far as I can
remember the ceramic packaging was phased out of production
around the mid 80s. The thermal resistance o fthis package is lower
than that of the injection molded plastic "P" suffix parts. T he
ceramic package was costing around 7 to 10 cents per pin to
package. Also I think that by the mid 80's there were only three
vendors left doing that type of ceramics, GE, Coors and Kyocera.

If you want to play the overclock game then the "L" suffix parts are
better at that.