[Coco] CoCo RGB video timing and levels

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 19:46:56 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/23/04 11:37:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, james at skwirl.ca
writes:

> Based on this, and the standard size
>  of an NTSC frame, it seems that the pixel clock would be 10MHz, am I right
>  in that calculation? or around 11 MHz for a 720 width NTSC frame.

I'd say you are pretty close.  One NTSC scan line is about 64 us long, so for
640 pixels that's 10 MHz.

To measure it more accurately, you would use a good oscilloscope.  If you
don't have one, I'd suggest you get one before getting too deep into this
project.  Hit a local Ham Fest or haunt eBay.  There are Oriental knockoffs of
name-brand scopes that are pretty good bang for the buck.  --Mike K.