[Coco] was: CoCo RGB to VGA [...]

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Aug 22 17:32:15 EDT 2004

Okay, it has just been suggested to me that we should look into the
Arcade Monitors, that already run 15Khz.  I thought that was the case
after seeing many references to hardware that talked about this and
stuff called "RGB/SCART" (? European and Japan flavors) which seems to
be some form of RGB-A at 15Khz.

Anyway, as it turns out, the hard core arcade emulator guys actually
make PC Video Cards that let them send PC output to 15Khz RGB Arcade
Monitors -- exactly the opposite of what we are doing!

So where do these monitors come from?  Steve said he'd seen them (19")
in the $100-$200 price range, but he's in California and they have some
massive stores and computer/arcade shows that I don't stumble into here
in Iowa.

So, fire up Google and take a look at "Arcade Monitors" and see what
that might lead you to.  I am still trying to find a source.

		Allen