[Coco] LCD panel

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Sat Aug 21 13:27:41 EDT 2004

On 21-Aug-04, at 12:43 PM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> One thing also that Espon Seiko may have a compatible
> replacement. It doubt it will be an exact but something similar that
> maybe usable. The problem is the monochrome panels are starting
> to go the way of the dinosaurs. Every one wants color panels now. I
> have seen some older LCD color panels on Ebay also. Some are in
> the 6 inch range and will take composite video in.

I did find a chip, but the problem was that I couldn't find a source
for it. I didn't look too hard, though. It's an epson, the S1D13704,
that appears to support 4-bit input B&W displays up to 640x480, and
contains the RAM for the framebuffer. It seems to only have interfaces
to 16 and 32-bit processors, though.

James