[Coco] Re: again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Wed Aug 18 04:01:00 EDT 2004

Yes, I've seen the XRGB2+ before. However, it does more than I'd need (I
don't need component video). I'm not even shure if it is capable of
handling the CoCo3s RGBHV (I think it can do RGB-S or RGsB). This means
I have to get more adaptors and this makes it more expensive and
decreases the quality. Furthermore they added some features from version
XRGB2 to XRGB2+ but the video quality is worse, see
http://atarilabs.com/meat/2002/0208_xrgb2+.shtml

I imagine a smart box or PCB which fits into the CoCo3's "bottom hole"
and has a VGA Type connector (OK, there's still the "power problem", in
the worst case we'd need an external 5V power supply). Price for both
the AL250 and AL875 is $18.

Mark, I guess this could become a best seller at Cloud-9... :-)

Torsten