[Coco] NitrOS-9 newbie needs some help (Progress!)
nick at launch.net.au
Tue Aug 10 17:53:15 EDT 2004
> Boisy wrote.....
Ok. This tells me that there is most likely an issue with the SS.WTrk
routine in the rb1773 driver. It *could* possibly be the format
utility. However, just to be sure Nick, try the following:
(1) Boot into NitrOS-9.
(2) Insert the stock OS-9 Level Two System Master disk in /d1
(3) At the shell prompt, type: load /d1/cmds/format
(4) Now put a blank disk in /d1 and attempt to format. This is using
the stock format utility. If there are still problems, then its'
definitely in the driver somewhere.
> Nick Replies....
> Boisy writes...
Here's something additional to try:
(1) Boot into NitrOS-9
(2) Insert a blank disk in /d1
(3) Type: format /d1 1 '35' :4:
This will give an interleave of 4. The default is 3. I doubt the
interleave is the problem, but it's worth a try to see the result.
> Nick replies...
More information about the Coco