[Coco] Fwd: FW: Wells Gardner D9200 monitor with ArcadeVGA card... (Auto-discard notification)

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Apr 26 23:44:28 EDT 2004

On Apr 26, 2004, at 10:33 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>> Has anyone ever tried running a Coco with a monitor like the Wells
>> Gardner
>> D9200 (WGM2792-U0TS42A)?  It specifically states that 15 khz is
>> supported.

Bill,

I have used the Wells Gardner monitors in my arcade game restoration
projects, and noted that they do sync down to 15KHz.  I have NOT tried
it on a CoCo 3 however.  I would be very interested in hearing the
results of this.

In a similar vein, I have a very nice 25" SONY PVM-2530 that I bought
off of eBay.  With a simple modification, it makes a GREAT CoCo 3
monitor with a HUGE picture.  I just went on ebay and looked... here's
one currently for $5.50:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=21517&item=3811211344&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

That's an unbelievable price, and I couldn't image a monitor like that
going for less than $200 used, given the input options it has.