[Coco] Dumb drive question?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 15 23:14:01 EDT 2003

Unless a drive has a ROM or equivalent that can be read, the only way a program
will know its capabilities is through trial and error testing. Far as I know
5.25 and 3.5 drives don't have this info. The Coco version of OS-9 does not do
drive testing if a disk can't be read.

So if you insist on using media that does not tell a drive how to step (ex.
density hole on a 3.5 disk) Coco OS-9 won't know either.