[Coco] Bio

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 20:44:02 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/14/03 10:36:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
vburke at skow.net writes:

> Vern Burke, Skowhegan ME

Wow, another Maine CocoNut!  I'm in Bath.  My wife sometimes gets to
Skowhegan on business.

>  B&B hard drive set up (Tandon 602S which I still have stashed :))

Good, I'm still running two 20M ST-225s off one of the first B&B's made.

> My claim to "fame" :) is having written a GUI application to control a
>  Vitronics 722 infrared reflow oven with a CC3 and OS9.

Always cool to hear of the Coco used in serious industrial apps.

>  I haven't had as  much time to mess with the old CC3 any more as I
currently
>  rescue and restore vintage telephone switching equipment (some as a hobby,
>  some that actually gets used in my CLEC/ISP business).

Wonder if a Coco could run a #1ESS?  Don't know how "vintage" your switch
gear is, but I once owned a new-in-box Strowger switch.  Wanted to interface it
to the KIM-1 or Coco just to watch it work, but gave it to a good home before
that came to pass.
--Mike K.