[Coco] Re: Spam - Wash your Windows E-Mail.

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sun Oct 19 22:16:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

Carl J. Boll suggested "EmC" for pre filtering Windows Mail.

I started using it and liked it, I could stop and delete all mail from the
CoCo List at Princeton with no work on my part and eliminate most of the
rest by clicking.

But trying to automate the deletion of other Spam, I failed. The program
just did not have the needed capabilities and other features seemed to be
incomplete.

The work on the program appeared to stopped. Well, I now know why.

Most of the capabilities in EmC are in "MailWasher" and most are very useful
and can be automated. The EmC author discovered that others were doing the
same thing and stopped work on EmC.

Even regular expressions can be used in the MailWasher filters. A great
plus.

The MailWasher program allows me to check what will be deleted until I am
happy with the filters and most of the Spam can be recognized automatically
and the filters changed as time requires. No downloaded of Spam when you
check your mail with OE or whatever program you use for sorting incoming
mail.

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Both EmC and MailWasher are free and can be told to delete all the mail that
Princeton is saying is:

"POSSIBLE SPAM"

Stephen H. Fischer sfischer1 at mindspring.com

<glmusa=XAx4U036QQBM3YmQoIpPTg at public.gmane.org>