[Coco] Re: WindInt questions

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Sun Nov 30 18:16:00 EST 2003

In article #1382 on gmane, Boisy Pitre says...

>All,
>
>In preparing for the NitrOS-9 3.2.0 release, we've run into several
>issues with mouse behavior.  One involves the auto-follow feature of
>the mouse.  I have looked in the OS-9 Level Two Technical Reference for
>documentation on how to turn on the 'auto follow' mouse feature built
>into WindInt/CC3IO and am at a loss.  Does anyone know of the properly
>documented way that the auto follow mouse feature was enabled/disabled
>in OS-9 Level Two and where this is documented?

Hi Boisy!
The auto-follow flag is documented in the Multi-Vue manual on page 10-56
as an arg of the _ss_mous() function in the CGFX C Graphics library.
It isn't mentioned at all in the OS-9 Technical Reference, so it may
be handled entirely within the CGFX library support code.  I also didn't
find any way to read back the follow flag value, so it may be write-only.

>I am also trying to establish proper behavior for the keyboard mouse
>feature (invoked by CTRL-CLEAR, and then subsequently using the arrows
>to move the mouse).  Can anyone tell me, using stock OS-9 Level Two, if
>the keyboard mouse behavior is global (that is, its behavior carries
>from one window to the next) or is it turned on/off on a per-window
>basis?
>
>Boisy

A quick test with two windows shows it is controlled globally on a
stock OS9 LII system, whereas the versions from Sourceforge control
it on a per-window basis.

Rodney