[Coco] The online Telenet CoCo BBS now has a domain name!

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Nov 29 00:34:20 EST 2003

At 01:09 PM 11/28/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>For those that have logged into my CoCo BBS online and have a hard time
>remembering the  IP address, which a lot of us do (most of the time I can't
>remember the IP address to my web server), the online CoCo BBS (The CoCo
>Connection) now has a domain name.  It is cocobbs.staticcling.org
>
>Just put that address into your telnet program and you are logged into the
>BBS.  For PC users, I would recommend the latest version of Hyperterminal
>found at http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/htpe63.exe

>The stock telnet program with comes with windows just doesn't cut it.

Actually, I popped up the XP telnet window and logged onto your virtual BBS
and everything worked great.

Now, if I can only figure out a way to channel the stdin/stdout of the
telnet window into my NetMate terminal emulator running in M.E.S.S.  This
would allow me to test the program since I have reassembled it from stray
parts.  I do remember that I coded my ANSI driver on many tests, using
BBSes, college VAX machines (mostly VT-100 there), and going by the specs
for the full ANSI emulation.

Another idea would be to redirect the stdin/stdout of the telnet window
through the parallel or serial port on the PC, so the CoCo can be hooked up
to the connection.

{Roger Taylor}