[Coco] 6309 Micro Processor Project 11-22-2003

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Fri Nov 28 19:44:01 EST 2003

Thanks, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I want to let everyone know that I changed the emulator
a little more, and if you have experienced any problems
it has to do with the file "drives.cc3"  I put a help.doc file
on my website, but maybe you couldn't read it or it was
not clear enough; anyway here is why.  I added a way
to allow you to change the number of drives that are shown
in the directory window of the F2 menu.  To do this I had
to add to the file drives.cc3. First if seeing 26 drives (A-Z)
in that menu does not bother you all you need to do is delete
the drives.cc3 file and let the emulator re-write it, but if you
would like to cut down the number of drives that are displayed
to the actual number you have then follow these steps.

The new command line parameter is "/L" for LASTDRIVE=
In MS-DOS you can use this in the config.sys file, but it takes
up memory. If you use the emulator in Winows Me you can not
use LASTDRIVE, Therefore I added it to the drives.cc3 file.
and changed the way the emulator accesses it.

 If you don't set the "/L" parameter you'll see the 26 drives (A-Z)
in the directory window, but if you set the "/L" parameter you'll
only see the number of drives you really have (Up to 15). You
use a hexadecimal number up to $F this will give you 15 drives.
 If you have more then that then don't use the parameter and you
will get the 26 drives (A-Z).

The command line looks like this:

coco3x /L4

This will show drives  A:  B:  C:  D:

Immediatialy after you start the emulator using a command line
like the one above you have to quit the emulator without doing
anything else or use the F6 menu Reset command. This will make
the emualtor save the config files coco3.cc3 and drives,cc3 after
you done all that and re-started the emualtor you'll see the changes.

You have to include A: and B: so the C: drive will be in the right
position.  This should be nice because it cuts down on scrolling
in the directory window.  I just got Windows XP and I set up two
patiitions. One for Windows Me to run the emulator and all the rest
for XP, Not to mention my other computer running slackware 8.1.

I don't have any real coco's anymore, so I been using the emulator.

My favorite game for coco is the yahtzee for os-9 I made and To
Overthrow the Controllers from the Feb, 1988 Rainbow. I wrote
the yahtzee game in c langauge on the coco emulator.  It has a pretty
good computer player. check it out.  If it goes to fast slow the emulator
down and you can watch the computer play play.  It's hard to beat her.

You can get yahtzee at my coco webpage.

I like to welcome all the new coco'ers and the old back to the list.

John Collyer