[Coco] Re: imgtool.exe in M.E.S.S. 0.74b is bad

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Thu Nov 27 14:18:01 EST 2003

On 11/27/03, Nathan Woods wrote:

> This is not quite true. To see a demonstration of what I am referring to,
> try the following on both command.com and cmd.exe (the latter of which is
> only available on NT/2000/XP):
>
>   CD "C:\Program Files"
>
> command.com will complain about this command, because it uses long file
> names; you are forced to specify "C:\Progra~1".  cmd.exe handles it fine.

I have done this plenty of thimes in command.com under both 98 and ME
and do not recieve an error, but rather obtain the same behavior as
cd with the 8.3 version of the command.  You are mistaken.

A session for ME

C:\WINDOWS> cd \

C:\> dir

> directory listing <

C:\> cd "c:\program files"

C:\Program Files> exit

--
Hint for Mom:  Your daughter's house will never be as clean as yours.
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?