[Coco] OSK C alarm functions

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 16:50:11 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/20/03 2:30:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bdevries at gil.com.au writes:

> int alm_cycle(sigcode, timeinterval)
>       int sigcode;      /* signal to be sent */
>       int timeinterval; /* periodic interval at which the */
>                              /* signal will be sent to the caller */
>                              /* in ticks */

Thanks Bob.  This looks like the one I want.  I assume it returns the alarmId
which I would use later on the delete call.

>  int alm_delete(alarmid)
>       int alarmid;      /* alarm ID of the request to be cancelled */

And here's how to shut the thing off.  BTW, in my OSK manual all of these
functions are the same stat call, with a different integer do-what code.

Now to fire up the MM/1 and see if I can do I/O from inside my interrupt
(signal trapping) routine.   If not, I'll have to set a global flag, which will
trigger the save the next time you do something to get UME's attention (type a
key, move the mouse, etc.).  Probably a good idea *not* to do it while playing.

What would you recommend as a default time interval?  One minute?  Five?
BTW, I have been slowly adding code to the Linux version that detects
operations that may change the score, so it knows when it should be saved.  Haven't
backwashed any of that into the OS9 versions; as you can imagine, the little
"changed = TRUE;" statement has to go LOTS of places.

Anyway, sounds like you're still actively using UME.  Thanks --Mike K.