[Coco] how to find out BASIC version?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Nov 19 14:34:22 EST 2003

Torsten

For the CoCo 3 if you power up with no disk cartridge you should see

Extended Color Basic Version 2.0

with the FD502 pack inserted

Disk Extended Color Basic Version 2.1

For Extended Color Basic the start address for the Copyright string to display is at
$80EB. The major version will then be at $80FD and the minor version at $80FF

For Color Basic it is at $A147 start and the major # at $A153 and the minor # is at
$A155.

For Disk Basic 1.0 the Copyright Strting starts at $C113 and the Major number is at
$C140 and the minor # at $C142.

For Disk Basic 1.1 the Copyright string starts at $C1 and aslo is 29 bytes. The Major
and Minor #'s are at $C153 and $C155 respectively.

hope this helps.

james