[Coco] suggestion for Ultimuse

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Mon Nov 17 23:36:01 EST 2003

Mike said:

> I would NOT want UltiMusE to go auto-saving the experimental changes while
> was still checking them out!

True enuf.

> Now, GNU Emacs gets around this objection by auto-saving to a different
file
> name (appends a twiddle to the real name).  That would be OK, though Emacs
> neglects to clean up those temp files on exit.

Yuk to that. I hate all the temp files left all over my winderz box all the
time.

> You suggest engaging auto-save for new files, or when extending existing
> ones.  Why not do it for all editing operations?

Well, I wouldn't really want to auto-save if I was just changing the
instrument patches to play a piece on a different synth.

> But then, should auto-save be done based on elapsed time, or on number of
> editing operations performed?  And does a big Block Transpose operation
count
> more than jiggling one note up or down?  Seems that timing would be
simpler!

I'd say a time based thing would be OK.

Regards, Bob Devries; Ipswich, Queensland, Australia