[Coco] MM1 programmes

David dbree at duo-county.com
Thu Nov 13 15:54:01 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 02:04:29PM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
> Can some kind MM/1 user remind me of a few things:
>
> 1. what do I do to get the mouse working? (besides actually *finding* the
> darn thing, and plugging it in) Wasn't there something called 'kmouse' run
> from the startup?
>
> 2. Where can I get the driver/descriptor for the MIDI port?
>
> 3. What do I do to get the shell to remember its command line history, and
> enable the up/down arrows to retrieve it?

What shell are you running?  I tried running "sh" on mine - and it _is_
the login shell, but my biggest problem was that I liked to run under
GWindows (to get multiple shells on the same screen) but GWindows
requires a shell with the standard MW redirections modes - I think it
especially required >> for stderr, and sh used "2>", and I could never
get it to work.  GWindows had history, which was the main thing, but I
would have loved to have used sh's scripting capabilities.

> I'm sure there's more I should find out. Darn this CRAFT disease (Can't
> Remember A Flaming Thing) :-(

It hits us all, I believe ;-)  But really, most of these things like
those you were asking about above just work for ages - don't have to
fiddle with them all that much, and when you _do_ have to deal with
them, it's been so long we have good reason to have forgotten.