[Coco] Re: I need MESS help

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Nov 12 00:58:00 EST 2003

At 09:46 AM 11/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>If you are getting "video artifacts" that you don't like, try turning off
>"stretch using hardware" in the DirectDraw panel.

I think that would slow the system down even more.  I love any features
that use hardware to accelerate audio, video, or memory transfers.  The
Direct.. modes are very hard to beat, not only in M.E.S.S., but in anything
that uses such a direct and fast method of rendering video.  This is why I
find it hard to use OpenGL, because it's much slower.

My LCD monitor works with DirectX somehow, as well.  And my video card
connected to this monitor is definately DirectX-capable.  All of this
combined gives me the capability to do things such as having 8 DVD-quality
movies running at the same time on the screen, or moving large windows
around smoothly and instantly.  My 2nd monitor on my left is a Gateway tube
connected to my less-capable video card, so things moved over to that
screen run sluggish.  You can sometimes see things being drawn, etc.