[Coco] Re: Drive speed incompatibilities

fsteeman at dds.nl fsteeman at dds.nl
Tue Nov 11 09:56:00 EST 2003

> Howdy.

Hi Bob!

> If I'm reading this right, you mean you got one of those combination
> drives with a 3-1/2" and 5-1/4" in a single half-height drive. Right?

Not quite. My drive unit was assembled for me by the guy from
vintagefunworld.com who himself works with the Coco. I believe he combined a
late model CoCo floppy (i.e. 5.25") drive with a diskette (i.e. 3.5") drive. I
am quite sure he would not have sent me something that does not work on the
CoCo. In fact it does work on my Coco flawlessly. I can just barely read my old
floppies that were written by my old drive.

Cheers,

Fedor