[Coco] 6309 microproccessor project - 11-06-2003

David Hazelton davehazelton at access-4-free.com
Sun Nov 9 20:28:01 EST 2003

John Collyer wrote:
> David, I can't completely understand your problem
> from the little info you give, but you have to do this:
>
> OS/9 Level II requires the CoCo ROMs only so that you can execute the "DOS"
> command.  You can bypass this requirement by installing the emulator's OS/9
> boot loader, OS9BOOT.MOR.  This is done simply by typing the following
> command
> at the MS-DOS prompt:
>
> COPY OS9BOOT.MOR COCO3.ROM
>
> Upon executing the emulator, the disk in the emulated CoCo's drive 0 (as
> specified in the virtual disk menu, see Section 4.1 for details) will now
> automatically be booted.
>
> Make sure the T_1.DSK is in drive 0 and the T_2.DSK is in drive 2
> before you start the emulator.  See coco3.doc
>
> You'll need a coco3.vhd to boot into, which is /h0,  The cocoe.vhd is /h1
>
> John Collyer

John~

	Let me try this again.

First, I do not have the Roms, but I do have OS9BOOT.MOR which I copied
to CoCo3.rom.  The 1.6 version uses this "CoCo" Rom to boot successfully.

When I try your new CoCo3, I get "No Colour Computer ROM files found in
default path."  The CoCo3.Rom is in the same directory as the program.

I can not set the drives up, since I am kicked out.  I do not have a
CoCo3.vhd though.  Did I miss this somewhere.  I do have CoCoe.vhd and
T_1 and T_2.

Thanks in Advance.

~David Hazelton