[Coco] MM/1 question

David Hazelton davehazelton at access-4-free.com
Thu Nov 6 23:26:00 EST 2003

Bob Devries wrote:
> Gene Heskett said:
>

>>>Booting from non-contigous bootfile
>>
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>this may be its downfall.  Unforch, I do not know enough about the os9
>>for the mm1 to know if it can boot from a non-contiguous bootfile.
>

> Nope, the other drive boots fine from a (1) extended (>64K) bootfile, and
> (2) a fragmented bootfile.
> LSN0 points to the FD on the OS-9/68K systems, not the file itself.
>

>>I suppose the file could be moved inward to a location that would
>>allow it to be contiguous, and LSN0 then edited to reflect the new
>>location.  This might work if that os9 is similar enough to level one
>>or two.
>

> Actually, as it happens, the file IS contigous.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries; Ipswich, Queensland, Australia

I don't know if this is relative, but on my AT306, I could boot from my
400MB IDE drive, but not the 1GB SCSI drive.  I tried everything to get
it to work.  The 1GB drive was good, just won't boot.  I blamed the SCSI
drivers, since I also had a hard time with the CD-ROM.  Also the AT306
OS9 was 3.O without many of the official microware drivers, So it was
easy to blame.  I know I didn't give you any real insight, but maybe it
will trigger someones memory.

David Hazelton