[Coco] Re: AnaDisk availability - NOT

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Wed Nov 5 22:54:18 EST 2003

On 11/05/03, jimcox at miba51.com wrote:

> "For definitions of some of the technical computer
> forensic terms used, please refer to our technical
> definitions section. Also note that sale of this product
> is restricted to law enforcement agencies, government
> agencies and Fortune 1000 corporations that have a
> demonstrated need. This software can be used to hide data
> and to duplicate copy protected diskettes. Because of
> this, distribution of the software is restricted and not
> made available to the general public."

Can you say Digital Millenium Copyright Act?

>From Section 1201 of the DMCA

`(b) ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS- (1) No person shall manufacture, import,
 offer to the public, provide, or otherwise traffic in any technology,
 product, service, device, component, or part thereof, that--

  `(A) is primarily designed or produced for the purpose of
  circumventing protection afforded by a technological measure that
  effectively protects a right of a copyright owner under this title
  in a work or a portion thereof;

  `(B) has only limited commercially significant purpose or use other
  than to circumvent protection afforded by a technological measure
  that effectively protects a right of a copyright owner under this
  title in a work or a portion thereof; or

  `(C) is marketed by that person or another acting in concert with
  that person with that person's knowledge for use in circumventing

--
Oxymoron: European Community.
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?