[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] From virtual disk to real disk

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Nov 4 22:00:00 EST 2003

Roger Taylor wrote:

> I need to research and see if it's possible somehow to do these things
> under XP and 2000.  It's obviously the operating system and not the
> hardware.

I have a binary of a program that does COCO file transfers under MS-DOS
3.x vintage.

A test on Windows NT 4.0 revealed that from a non-privileged user
account it could read COCO disks.  This should have the same protection
as XP and 2000.

What did not work was the MS-DOS file system calls.

So using the documented BIOS calls from the Microsoft C library should
work to access a previously formatted COCO disk.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only