[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] From virtual disk to real disk

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Nov 3 00:08:00 EST 2003

At 02:49 PM 11/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Roger,
>    John's Diskini.exe does work under XP, except it will not transfer the
> .dsk file to the
>dislettte. It will make a blank coco OS9 diskettte.
>
>John Donaldson

Jeff's dskini.exe program copies a .dsk file to a real CoCo disk, am I
correct?  I was hoping that John's version did the same.
However, I have tried Jeff's under XP and it will not work.  The drives
lock up or aren't recognized, or something to that degree.

Maybe the BIOS has these routines in it that would let a program bypass
Windows XP's constraints on the older floppy drives?

Geez, this is all my IDE needs to put the cherry on the cake (besides an
EPROM programmer, ready to go)... is the ability to call on a dskini.exe or
os9tools.exe type utility to make a real CoCo floppy of your software.

What versions of Windows supports Jeff's dskini.exe utility?