[Coco] CoCo gcc project

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Nov 2 16:28:00 EST 2003

Neil:

My thoughts on CORDIC approach is to do the algorithms in FPGA
and stick the chip off as a coprosessor. One can tap off the 28MHz
clock of the Gimme chip and buffer it to provide the clock to the
FPGA. Inside a Spartan II/IIe part you can then double that
frequency and run the coprocessor at 56MHz. If it takes the Cordic
processor 21 cycles to generate the sine of an angle, that will be
about 375 nS.

There are a few cordic cores for FPGA that are open and free to
use on the internet. Just need to write and add more functions.

james