[Coco] Portal-9 builds first Vectrex ROM game

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Fri Nov 7 02:20:01 EST 2003

I am proud to say that my newest update to CCASM which handles spanned
spaces or tabs between the source code line fields, is assembling an .as9
format Vectrex ROM demo written by someone else, and it RUNS !  Luckily,
the .as9 file didn't use too many conflicting options.  In fact, all I had
to do is remove a few "#" signs from some EQU statements near the
top.  Everything else assembled fine.  I just made CCASM be nicer instead
of manually editing the ROM source code to have TABS where the spaces were.

Here is the process in Portal-9:

-load game.as9
-under Assemble File As (type in game.bin, check 4K ROM)
-under Emulation (check Vectrex)

-click Go

The ROM source code gets assembled in less than a second and then you watch
the game run!  simply amazing

When I add the ability to save out as a project file, all of these settings
will be retained for later, meaning all you have to do is type, and click
Go over and over while you design your floppy disk or ROM image.  On my
mere 450mhz Pentium III, even the large Projector-3 system builds
completely to a virtual floppy disk in about 15 seconds and is ready to run
using LOADM "P3"

more updates soon,
cheers