[Coco] Other Operating Systems

Jones, Orville CPT JonesO at k2.cjtf180.army.mil
Thu Nov 6 20:08:01 EST 2003

Hello fellow COCO users. I just wanted to say how much better I like this
moderated mail list. I see a lot of professionalism exhibited here which
makes me glad I signed up. I think I've been away from the other mail list
for about 8 months. I am sending this email from Southern Uzbekistan. I'm
overseas serving our country in the Army Reserve. In a small way, you guys
make me feel like I am back home.

>From my limited experience with the Color Computer I know that there has
been several operating systems for the CoCo:
FLEX
OS-9
DECB (Disk Extended Color Basic)
NitrOS-9

I know I probably missed one. What other operating systems has there been
for the CoCo? Has anyone ever thought about writing a new one for the CoCo
recently? What are the challenges or limitations to such an idea?

Chaplain (CPT) Orville "Alan" Jones, USAR