[Coco] Wikipedia in trouble

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 15:37:14 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/30/2003 10:53:30 PM, neilsmorr at hotpop.com writes:

<< I cancelled the card CIS was using and the bank STILL billed me for
payments to them long after I cancelled the service. When I phoned
CIS to try and get the charges reversed they wanted all sorts of
information from me, but the doofus I was talking to wouldn't even
give me his last name! >>

I was a member of CIS for 13 years or so, from 1987 until about the time AOL
bought CIS.  After 6 months of grief, I bailed out:  It started when my
billing plan
was switched, w/o my knowledge (until the montly bill came due), from
'unlimited
usage' to an hourly charge after a small number of 'free' hours per month.
The
dispute was not rectified after many months; I never was able to transfer back
to unlimited due to 'technicalities' for weeks at a time, and then wasn't
able to
log on because of a 'billing problem', iirc.  They wouldn't let me talk to a
manager
who was always unavailable, but were always polite with apologies and promises
to 'get things cleared up', but they never were.  At the end, when back on
the unlimited usage plan, still couldn't log on to perhaps more than a few hours
per
month.
What's with CIS anyhow....I don't hear any advertising for the service.  Do
they still
supply install discs?   Are they looking for new members, or just trying to
'get rid of' existing members?           -ph