[Coco] Space Shuttle

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 30 01:34:01 EST 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 00:31, Neil Morrison wrote:
>I wish they would throw some money at Burt Rutan and see if he could
>design something that works. Otherwise I see we'll have to buy some
>copies of SpaceShipOne to keep getting up there.
>
>Neil

Well, so far, I think Burt is doing quite well.  The damaged landing
gear and other damage from the last landing shouldn't be more than a
2-3 week fix, and then its go again.  The thing is, I don't believe
that Burt is letting the project grow in terms of throwing more
bodies at it, but is maintaining a more hands on approach to things,
keeping abreast of the overall picture a lot easier that way.
Because of that personal attention, I'm rather surprised that the
gear gave way.  But you can almost bet the farm that that particular
problem won't occur again.  He will simply design that problem out
once he has the autopsy data in hand.

[...remarks about steak to die for]

--
Cheers, Gene