[Coco] I DID NOT SAY THIS! Re: Need mailing address.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 23:34:11 EST 2003

On Monday 29 December 2003 12:34, jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>I would just like to point out that I did not make the
>original comment about Pay/Pal-ebay and the 2nd
>amendment.
>
>I believe it was Gene who made the original remark and
>someone atttributed it to me in a reply.  So don't ask me
>what this is all about.
>
>Jim

Yeah, that was me.  And, its almost as if someone is eavesdropping, I
got a phishing message, supposedly from support at paypal.com just an
hour ago.

Now, please pay attention!

THIS IS NOT FROM PAYPAL, ITS A PHISHING SPOOF.  THE PROVIDED LINK SAYS
ONE THING ON YOUR EMAIL AGENTS SCREEN, BUT THE LINK ITSELF GOES TO
SOME UNRESOLVABLE 211.63.162.93 ADDRESS THAT PROBABLY HAS NO
CONNECTION WHATSOEVER WITH PAYPAL.

Sorry about the shouting, but I felt it was important to advise
everyone that somebody is running whats called a "phishing
expedition" against the paypal account & password database.

I REPEAT, DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!

[snip the rest of the wikipedia thread]

--
Cheers, Gene