[Coco] embeddedcoco

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Dec 28 17:59:31 EST 2003

Eric

What I want to do is more specialized. A simple CPU board with memory and
mapped I/O will not totally do what I need. Basically I require almost is a repacked
Coco 3 with a LCD as a monitor than a CRT or RGB monitor.

But from a concensus the more accepted is to make a CPU board with up to 32K of
Ram and Rom with the mapped I/O equal to that of the Coco. Then what can be
done is a breadboard type card be plugged into it as a daughter board. On that the
individual can add what ever interface circuits he needs and he is off and running.

If you intend the coco to be a developemnt system then you may want ot have a
card that plugs into the coco expansion slot and has the capability of pluging in the
interface card onto it so that software can be developed.

james