[Coco] Re: So far OT I'm in the Twilight Zone (Was: Republishing Magazines)

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Dec 28 17:39:37 EST 2003

Yeah

It is one of my four or five favorite subjects. History and ancient biblical texts are
fascinating and yes is a bitoff topic. It is interesting to study the beginnings of
religions that started almost 2000 years ago and are now still with us. Some real
interesting debates went on in the early formation of Christianity as to doctrine and
theology. Many think that it emerged smoothly and united. Well it did not. Major
conflicts existed almost from the beginning and the actual first slpit of the Christian
Church came around the 5th century when the Eastern Orthodoc Church and the
Catholic Church split. The Eastern Orthodox Church is made up of the Russian,
Greek, Armenian Orthodox and a few others that remain. While getting my BSEE I
had to take some advance social science courses and the college that I attended
had some religion courses so I found them more interesting than studying
evolutionary practices of monkees and such. They were an easy "A" also. Helped
the old GPA.

james