[Coco] Embedded CoCo

peak at mail.polarcomm.com peak at mail.polarcomm.com
Sat Dec 27 15:39:32 EST 2003

Frank
I believe you have a very good point when you say"an embedded
controller shouldnt need a lot of memory."In fact most
embedded controllers I have encountered have very little RAM.
Accomplishing a single task is really the true purpose of an
embedded "computer/controller". I for one, however would not
wish to switch to something like Basic Stamp,PIC,etc.
You see, I already have a "Development System" for a 6809
based embedded controller. It is called a coco (ha,ha).
But really I (and I believe others too) would like an
adaptable embeddable controller which is based on the coco
which we are used to. For most applications it would not need
a lot of memory, but for some it would.
Still , for applications where a lot of memory is required
but NOT needing 6k byte color video,Not needing a Basic
Interpreter and such a Mini-Coco seems to be perfect.
A Basic Motherboard with a minimum of Ram,Rom,and I/O could
then be made and each individual could add whatever options
were wanted.
Eric