[Coco] Sock Master Demos

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 24 10:53:32 EST 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 10:23, arikboke at yahoo.com wrote:
>Folks, I apologize for the unintentional "spam" :)
>
>Robert, as you point out, the .BIN files are working just fine.  It
> is just the .BAS loaders for the .BIN files for Demo2, Hicolor,
> etc., that are problematic. These ".BAS" files do indeed seem to be
> saved in binary format since they can be LOADM-ed and EXEC-ed
> (although the screen turns into chaos afterwards).
>
>I initially got confused because some of the .BAS files are stated
> to be "binary BASIC", so I thought their binary status was OK.
> Many posters have sinced explained to me about the TOKENIZED BINARY
> BASIC files as opposed to the straight ASCII BASIC files.  Now, I
> do understand why the (corrupt) ASCII BASIC loaders won't work, but
> why don't the BINARY BASIC files work?  Is there something else
> going on?
>
>As far as the transfer utility, I have been using the download
> features for both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firebird (WinXP
> versions).  If these download options are in fact deficient, what
> should I use to properly download BASIC (and other) files to keep
> their native formats intact?  Thanks for the help!

The mozilla can be controlled by stepping on the shift key while
clicking on a download link.  IE seems hopeless.  Or mindlessly
stupid, take your pick.  I had a heck of a time with it when I was
out west this fall with only a win98 box, clouding the air in the
office frequently while trying to download valid binaries for
equipment updates.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M