[Coco] Sock Master Demos

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 24 09:35:20 EST 2003

arikboke at yahoo.com wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Here is a .ZIP file containing a couple of .DSK images with files I PUT using
> IMGTOOL that do not seem to work.  Hope you can ZAP em somehow!  Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
> David
>

> --- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> (snip)
>
>>I just downloaded GLOOM2 from Sock's site and ran it under MESS with no
>>problems. I used PORT.EXE to place the file on a .dsk image.
>>
>>I'd bet your problems are all based on transfer of files to .dsk images.
>>If you want to investigate this, send me a zipped .dsk image that you
>>think should work but doesn't. I'll see if the files are on the .dsk in
>>the correct formats.

David,

Please send things like disk images by personal e-mail and not to the
maltedmedia list. Most readers won't want the added traffic.

It is easy to see what went wrong by examining track 17, sectors 3-x.
The transfer utility you used, marked all files as binary regardless of
their nature. The .BAS files gave FM errors because of this.

It is important to give files the correct file types during transfers;
Basic tokenized, Basic ascii, binary, text editor, data. If you make a
mistake you have two choices; 1) recreate the disk, 2) use a disk editor
to set the correct file types.

I'll send you back the disks patched for correct file types.