[Coco] Re: Louisiana

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 17:48:27 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Theodore (Alex) Evans" <alxevans at concentric.net>

> Mexican restaurants generally serve Tex-Mex.  American Chinese
> restaurants have two problems, they serve Americanized dishes and they
> serve from a peculiar cross section of cross-section of Chinese
> cuisine.  In certain places it can be possible to find more authentic
> ethnic cuisine.  Actually this situation was getting better as
> Americans became more cosmopolitan.

I need to disagree here some. I lived in deep southern Calif. for a while
and the mexican restaurants there served something entirely different than
what I eat here in Texas.

In Montgomery Texas is a restaurant whose owner is from San Migel de la
Allene (sp). Or really just outside there. He learned the trade from his
uncle who has several places around SMA.  His menu is regional from around
his home and you will find nothing on it such as you find on a chain cafe
menu. Try a tuna salad entree with no mayo or pickle.