[Coco] Y2K fixes ever developed or posted?

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Fri Dec 19 23:03:46 EST 2003

At 09:03 PM 12/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>In another one that was shown on one of the Nashville news shows, a person
>put a propane tank in their laundry room so that they would be able to
>cook after Y2K.  The family is alive because they got out of the house
>when they heard funny hissing sounds.
>
>The explosion totally collapsed 1/2 of a four bedroom brick house in what
>appeared to be an upper middle class neighborhood.  About a 3000 SF
>house.  It was interesting that there was no soot or burn marks
>anywhere.  The house collapsed inward so all the debris was inside.

Talk about having fun on Y2K day!!  Oh man, the stunt we pull on the
mother-in-law....  true story, and funny.

It's the last day of Decemer, 1999, and my technically-uninclined
old-school mother-in-law was in a panic.  Our phone was ringing off the
hook.  I did the typical thing and told my wife she was crazy (after we got
off the phone, mind you).  She had her bathtub filled with water, the
candles and flashlights were ready, and just all sorts of crazy things she
blew money on to be prepared for the second coming.  I was amused just by
knowing she was expecting the world to end just because some clocks didn't
know how to keep time.

Anyway... my wife's younger sister, the crazy one, the daredevil of the
family, just happened to call us making fun of her mother and the way she
was going nuts over this own TV/media-controlled hysteria.  So, I convinced
my sister-in-law to drive out to her mother's house in the country (maybe 3
miles out), and play along with her, acting just as scared, helping her get
things ready, or whatever they needed to do.  So she did.

This was a true 'gig' and it needed to work.  The mother-in-law decided to
call my wife right before midnight (on her cordless phone, ofcourse) and
they were carrying on something terrible about what could happen, etc. and
then suddenly, they lost contact on the phone exactly at midnight!  She
called back 2 minutes later on her land-line phone, and I could hear her
from across the room, yelling out loud, "Oh my God, my lights went out!!,
bla bla wha wha wha." ... then a pause, followed by a series of laughs that
resembled a jackass sounding off in the morning (don't ask).  WAHHHH WAHHHH
WAHHHH..  Both of them were laughing, so it was obvious that she found out.

The sister-in-law had snuck to the fuse box and flipped the master breaker
exactly at midnight, giving the mother-in-law a heart attack "slash"
jackass episode.

No gig to this day has ever worked so flawlessly and given me a high for
about 2 weeks into the new K.  :)

Roger Taylor