[Coco] Ken-Ton Update

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 19 20:15:09 EST 2003

Neil Morrison wrote:
> Does OS-9 have any support for 512 byte sectors or is it hard coded
> to 256 bytes?
>
> Neil

Even stock OS-9 can support 512 byte sectors but the Tandy version was
not configured for it. It should be much easier with the current
NitrOS-9 version to accommodate 512 byte sectors.

The main problem with 512 byte sectors is for RGBDOS/HDBDOS usage.
RGBDOS does not understand 512 byte sectors. Cloud-9 has enhanced HDBDOS
so that 512 byte sectors won't break Disk Basic. I think the second 256
bytes in the data sectors are just ignored.