Flamage Re: [Coco] Nitros9 3.2.0 6809L2 on real hardware

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 19 13:56:13 EST 2003

Willard Goosey wrote:

>And if you wanna go back into history like that, I downloaded the vdg
>window descriptors from RTSI way back.  So?  The lack of additional
>vdg windows was a bug that has long-since been fixed.  Wake up and
>smell the hot CoCo, we're heating it with NitrOS!

Sounds like a Madison Avenue soundbite.  You would think there is
nothing else going on in the CoCo world.  What can NitrOS-9 do the old
CoCo couldn't?  It only does it faster.  Meanwhile, I've been slogging
along slowly breaking down the OS-9 upgrade and trying to make something
useful out of it.  Might not happen, but, at least its not following a
Madison Avenue trend.

>>There are many CoCo people out there who are not into emulation, or,
>>into the methods of converting .dsk images into CoCo disks and I
>>happen to be one of them.
>>

>Now, don't be accusing me of being into emulation.  It makes me
>angry.  And I'm NOT a nice person when I'm angry.

WOW!  Very Frightening!  Since I've had to deal with a few fleet,
CARRIERGRU and SUBGRU commanders and, also won a runin with Rickover,
your angry presence just bowls me over with terror.

>I use the real hardware and I'm proud of it.  I never read any of the
>posts about MESS, or MAME, or Collyer/Jeff V's emulators.  If all the
>emulators went away, I'd be perfectly happy with the situation.
>

>>In fact, if anyone can explain how to use the .dsk conversion and
>>manipulation tools on Mac Sys OS 9.1, I would be eternally greatful.
>>The only access I have to a command line is through Applescript.  I
>>have unsuccessfully tried this several times.
>>

>Use a real OS?
>
>If you can transfer the .dsk images onto a CoCo OS-9 disk there are
>good tools to deal with them there.  But you already know all about
>them, right?  After all, they're all on RTSI.  Have been for years.
>
>Besides, you're not into that sort of thing, right?
>
>"Into emulation," indeed.

Tch! tch!  Just what I need to begin my morning alongside a mug of
coffee ... wiseguy sarcasm from a young Smart@$$.

Cheers,   Griz