[Coco] Sock Master Demos

Nathan Woods npwoods at cybercom.net
Fri Dec 19 08:03:04 EST 2003

arikboke at yahoo.com wrote:

>I'm using a 2GHZ equivalent AMD processor with 512MB of RAM, so I thought I was
>set as far as power.  But you know, I have noticed that my other apps begin to
>crawl whenever my MESS emulator is on.  I don't know if this is because MESS is
>inherently processor hungry or was setup to take more timeslices (I'm new to
>Win XP, having been a Mac and Win98 user for a few years now).  However, I
>can't imagine an 8-bit emulator taking so much of my current processor's time.
>Or maybe it's just WinDOZE, yech.

MESS should play quite nicely with other apps on a 2GHz processor with
other apps, provided that throttling is on.  If throttling is off, then
MESS will attempt to use every CPU cycle possible, whether the emulated
CoCo is crunching numbers like no tomorrow, or whether it is looping at
an OK prompt.