[Coco] Re: Ouch!

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 00:55:38 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/18/03 2:50:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

> I only have 2 squawks about the old GE. The 4-1000 tubes it needs 4 of
>  are discontinued and we'll have to redesign it for something else
>  eventually, and its not 100% mouse and snake proof.  Major blowups
>  have been caused by that.  Most stations figure on 2 finals a year.  I'm
>  doing something right I figure. :-)  Plus this is "big iron" running
>  at half throttle so it just cruises along.

Having been given (by Gene) a guided tour of this magnificent machine, I can
attest to its classic design and ruggedness.  Gene even showed me where he
found the wrinkled up piece of blackened snakeskin.    I wonder if modern
transmitters are specifically designed to keep out creepy critters.  --Mike K.