[Coco] History of Tandy/Radio Shack Cassette Recorders

AMODMO at aol.com AMODMO at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 15:47:29 EST 2003

Yes, the CCR-81 was made and I used one for several years and still have it.
I haven't used it in recent years for anything but playing (and recording)
music. I moved up to a disk drive as soon as I could and currently have and use
an FD-502 (horizontal, single disk, two sided drive) and a vertical, single
disk, one sided drive that I think must be an FD-501, but I can't find any model
number on it. I have two CoCo 3's in current use (and several others which may
or may not be usable). I use one for playing with my SONGBOOK program and my
TYPALINE 80 word processor and my Wide Screen Disk Menu (M.BAS) program. It's
in my home office and is connected to my Citizen GSX140 printer. The other
CoCo 3 is down cellar, hitched to my Okidata ML92 printer, and I use it mostly
for printing disk labels.