[Coco] Embedded coco

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Dec 18 14:48:35 EST 2003

Eric

Thanks

Pads for a header will be fine for the expansion port.

I am not familiar with PCB123. I have used a few before. for home use and my
senior project I used Ivex Windraft and Winboard. At work Mentor (YUK) and
Cadence tools. Those are well beyond the price of hobby use. I think the Cadence
WnXP tool set for schematic capture and PCB layout starrts at $10K and goes up
from their. My former employer was paying $2000 per year per license above the
base cost of $30K. That ran on a Sun Sparc 10 or above. .

Putting together a kit or teirs of kits is not a real problem. Just needs someone to
invest some time and money to get PCBs and parts together and bundled.

I have a bunch of TC55257's and a few LH6158s floating around and both are
100nS sram. Fine on the SRAM. Refresh is a pain and Digikey has 512Kx8 25nS
Sram for around $10 to $12 each. 70nS for about $5 each. One can still find old 486
tag ram floating around cheap.

james