[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Ouch!

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Wed Dec 17 12:32:44 EST 2003

My all time favorite was told to me by a fellow electrician who
worked on the first multi story building built in Wellington, New
Zealand. Because of earthquakes, there were no tall buildings up
until that point. He was working away on the building when there was
the most incredible bang, followed by complete silence and all power
going out. All the electricians headed down to the main switchboard
room to see what had happened. It transpired that the registered
electrical engineer who had designed the electrical system had been
doing something to the switchboard at the far end of the busbars and
had dropped a 10" crescent wrench directly onto the busbars. This
turned them into an ironless motor, whereupon they all three made
several turns destroying the pass through insulators they were
mounted in and winding up all the take off wires attached to them,
ripping various items out as they went, until finally the HRC fuses
ruptured.

I guess this wasn't that engineer's finest day.

Neil