[Coco] quota : scans of old magazines

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Wed Dec 17 09:11:03 EST 2003

At 09:02 AM 12/17/03 -0500, LM wrote:
>If anyone has any suggestions
>for low cost solutions (around $5 a month), I'd love to hear about them.

I mentioned pair Networks, whose lowest cost is $6/month.

When choosing a host, I can't stress reliability and customer support
enough. There are lots of low-cost providers, but look at their
connectivity and reliability before jumping. I spent quite a while
researching providers when I wanted to move maltedmedia.com to a good home
-- and settled on pair after I discovered how many Mac users tied up there.
I consider Mac users to be finnicky about things like that (I'm a PC guy
myself), so I explored further and discovered their excellent uptime and
personal attention.

In fact, yesterday I think I mentioned my pair Networks server was up for
314 days. Yesterday afternoon, pair Networks contacted me to ask if I
wanted a memory upgrade, since they had extra memory available and my
machine hadn't seen a hardware upgrade in a while (314 days, actually,
since they upgraded the motherboard and hard drives). No charge for the
upgrade, but would I mind if they took the server down for five minutes to
upgrade the memory?

Would I mind if they upgrade my hardware for free? Now *there's* a question
I like!

Dennis