[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] coco 3 on monitor Tandy MC-5

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Dec 15 16:29:11 EST 2003

Bruce

Looking at the cable assemblies, I would say that the main cable is
a molded one that has one end chopped off and another connector
added on. The 10 pin IDC connector and ribbon cable assembly is
not easy if you do not have the IDC press tools. They are not cheap
either.

In all not to terribly high a price considering that he is not
manufacturing ten thousand a month of these items. Considering
that this is a small run product and he has to at least recover any
tooling costs to make the cables. Then there is storage and order
processing.

Figure this to buy the materials and any tools and make it yourself
will spend almost that much. That is not including your own time.
How much is that worth? Better yet the aggrevation if you are not
mechanically inclined??? How many swear words and cut hands?
Then there is the few that pick up the soldering iron from the wrong
end! Ouch!!!!

james