[Coco] Re: Small COCO mailing list problem

Lawrence Weeks dev at anabasis.net
Mon Dec 15 13:29:47 EST 2003

Once upon a time (Sat Dec 13), David wrote:
> "r" first asks me if I want to reply to list, if I answer "n", then it
> replies to sender - actually, "r" is _supposed" to default to sender,
> but no prob.
>
> "L" defaults to list, as it's supposed to.

> never tried a "reply all" - dunno if mutt does that :)

The 'g' key is bound to reply_to_all by default. Though interestingly
in your case, that didn't work! Your email has the Mail-Followup-To
header set, which I had never noticed before. See:

	Mutt also supports the Mail-Followup-To header. When you send a
	message to a list of recipients which includes one or several
	subscribed mailing lists, and if the $followup_to option
	is set, mutt will generate a Mail-Followup-To header which
	contains all the recipients to whom you send this message,
	but not your address. This indicates that group-replies or
	list-replies (also known as ``followups'') to this message
	should only be sent to the original recipients of the message,
	and not separately to you - you'll receive your copy through
	one of the mailing lists you are subscribed to.

	Conversely, when group-replying or list-replying to a message
	which has a Mail-Followup-To header, mutt will respect this
	header if the $honor_followup_to configuration variable is
	set. Using list-reply will in this case also make sure that
	the reply goes to the mailing list, even if it's not specified
	in the list of recipients in the Mail-Followup-To.

Interesting. Wonder if any other mailers support that.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd