[Coco] Re: Nick's Survey results

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 15 02:30:18 EST 2003

At 01:19 AM 12/15/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>Hello Roger
>I saw an article in the Rainbow about using an older CoCo2 as a print
>buffer/spooler for a CoCo3. The only problem I see with your sugesstion is
>the amount of space these boards would take up..

I remember that article.  I have that issue somewhere.  That's the simplest
project I can think of.  But you're right about the space.  The boards are
not really miniature, but the thickness of them can be a
benefit.  Actually, a CoCo motherboard is just perfect.  If it's not in
sight, it won't matter.

Some of my project ideas are rather serious, some dealing with robotics,
pattern recognition, artificial intelligence, etc.  Fairly good speech can
also be generated using the 6-bit DAC if the right samples are made and can
fit in the memory.  My CVOX generator is not a good example because it uses
1-bit pulses and sounds terrible.  I actually got the phonemes from a very
old PC program. :)

Roger Taylor